Thursday, July 1, 2010

UPDATE

haven't posted anything for a bit so i thought i'd throw some info in about my next few months.
Well, after winning nationals with a tear in on of my shoulder's ligaments i took a couple of weeks to rest up, re-introduce myself to my family and slowly ease back into training.
it's now 5 weeks since i dislocated my shoulder in brasil and the doc says it's a 6-8 week recovery. i can't afford that sort of time off with the stuff i've got coming up so 5 will do.
have been back training 100% for a week now and it's amazing how quickly your body adapts to not getting beaten up and pretends each breakfall is the first you've ever done! having my arms blow out after 30 seconds of gripping hasn't been too much fun either but oh well, such is life (judo)

Next few months..........

I have 5 weeks until the AIS training camp which serves as preparation for the Oceania Championships august 15. a week later is the NSW Open.

This next part is depending on whether i am confirmed for the World Championships team or not, I should be but there's always a reason here or there why people are left out of these teams.
So assuming I am on for worlds............... Miami World Cup on Aug 28 and US Open at same venue on August 30. From there it's off to Japan for short training camp in preparation for Worlds and of course the World Championships which my division is contested on September 12.

Once that period of events is over I will see how i stand with national rankings, world ranking, uni marks and finances to then hopefully have a big crack at the IJF events in nov-dec.

That's all for now, i better get my gear together and head to training!

Ivo

No comments:

Post a Comment