Friday, May 21, 2010

INTRO

Well this is my first blog ever! I will mainly document my training and competition information and it will probably serve as a good tool for my own reflection through the journey. Not sure how many people will be interested in what goes on in my every day life but if some are then this will be a way to keep tabs on what I do to try and achieve my life’s ambition and qualify for London 2012 Olympic Games.
If you don’t know me and you’ve stumbled upon this blog then here’s some background…

I am 24 years old. I’ve been doing judo since I was 5. I have loved the sport since then and have competed with some success through the years. I have won senior national and oceania championships, a couple of commonwealth bronze medals and 11th place at the 2007 World Championships. My sob story of missing out on Beijing 2008 basically sums up to me being the current national and oceanic champion at the time of Olympic selection but I slipped up and came 5th at one of the selection events and I was unable to bridge the gap. There’s a lot more to that story but it’s something I have moved on from but all I will say is that gut wrenching pain of missing out on my dream first time round is something I never, ever want to experience again.

Anyways, I train my butt off every day to get to London. My training week consists of 3 sessions a week at my club Western Judo Academy, 4 judo sessions at Dominance MMA (under Maria Pekli and Daniel Kelly) and 1 at Essendon FC. I do 3 strength sessions a week and 2 agility/flexibility sessions.
I juggle this with full time university, work in construction and spending my spare hours with my girlfriend Isabel and my family, don’t watch much TV.

That’s intro to Ivo sorted. Next blog will be from Rio de Janeiro.

Ivo

No comments:

Post a Comment