Sunday, May 30, 2010

World Cup Sao Paulo

I wish i had better news but i got destroyed yesterday. i fought a brasilian who was strong (ended up getting bronze) and motivated. I, for some reason seemed to be fighting like i was a japanese world champ and skipped with him even though that was the opposite of my game plan. he dropped in for a seio attack which i absorbed with my knee and forehead on the mat, then for some reason as he kept driving i relaxed and went over for ippon. the fight had barely gone 30 seconds!
I feel pretty embarrassed and stupid and am giving serious thought to training in a white belt for a while to snap my brain into action.
I have had 24 hours to digest the situation and question many aspects of what i do, how i do it and why. Even had those 'whats the point of doing this crap' conversations with myself.
I honestly can't see too many positives in the situation but all I can conclude is that giving up or backing off in this situation is the easy way out.
There is no way I will ever take the easy way out..................

No comments:

Post a Comment